Thursday, December 7, 2006

Time for a MTT

Today I played 7 sngs, mostly being satellites, and I finished ITM in 6 of them. I got first in a 5.50 razz sng, hah. Anyways, I have a $24+2 token left over, and decide to use it in the 25K GTD. Promptly at 8 pm we started, all with 1500 in chips, a prizepool of $36,048, and 1,502 players in the field, including one red pro - my arch nemesis Lee Watkinson, hopefully we would get seated together at some point in the tournament so I could bust his bitch ass. First hand I played was an a9o, which I raised from folded mp, the button called and all else folded. I checked when I missed the flop and he checked behind. The turn was a small card, the board now showing two clubs and two spades. I bet here to try to pick up the pot, even though I was fairly certain he hit the flop, and when he called I check folded the river when it came up blank. Lots of folding after this, and then it was lvl 2. ATo from mp again, I raise the pot as it was folded to me, the sb completes and the rest fold. I fold when the board shows 5qk and the sb bet about 1/2 the pot. Down to 1,045 in chips. In the big blind in the 25-50 level, I'm dealt tjo. when the short stack from the other hand calls the sb completes and were 3 handed seeing a flop. the flop comes t76. sb leads out 100, i raise to 300, short stack limper goes all in, sb calls, and I'm forced to fold leaving myself with 600 or so chips, the sb had a set of 7s and drew a full house to knock out the short stack who flopped a straight. A few hands later I see aqo in lp, so I push with lots of limpers, and sb isolates by repushing for like 2.4k. Rest fold and he shows aqo. We both river 5 hi straights and split the pot, giving me a few extra chips. After the blinds go around I'm somewhere around mp-lp and I see KK. Hurrah. The guy right before me raises to some dumb fucking amount and after I push behind him everyone folds except for the initial donkey who calls with aj. Board bricks and I'm at 1280, up to 20 bbs, and back in this thing. While folding my life away, I wrote a haiku!

folding is so fun
i enjoy it all the time
why cant I get hands?

Anyways, I fold some more, and when I am on the button I see that the blinds are at 50-100 and I'm in push fold mode, I wonder if I can win a coinflip tonight? So I get a9o from mp, and probably not one of my best pushes, but its folded to me, and perhaps after that KK hand I have some respect at this table? Well, too late to find out because soon I was moved to another table. And one hand after I was moved there was a break so it was off to highland market for some liquid fuel (dr. pepper to go with the pizza I ordered). I made it back with a whole minute to spare. We started with blinds at 60-120 and I have 1,060 in chips. In the co, I get a9o, lp limps to me, I push, folded back to him and he calls with 77. I flop a 9, but he got a 7 also, and he won knocking me out in 650th place.

There wasn't much I could do in this tournament. Maybe I should not have pushed after he limped at the end there, but I had a decent shot of winning when the cards were flipped, and I was so low in chips, I'd say it was a good move.

No comments: