Monday, November 27, 2006

24 + 2, 18 max

Immediately after winning the token, I put it to good use with my new found luck in an 18 max $24+2, $75 token race. Being used to the quick pace of a turbo, it was a wierd feeling to play more than 3 hands, but a welcome one. So playing the boring old SUPER tight strategy, I made it to the final table as a very short stack. Luckily, I got some big hands - which I don't think is too much to ask out of 60 hands, for one of them to be push worthy.
On the first bubble I was on the button with 99, the shortstack with 2 bets utg pushed, so I repushed when it was folded to me, and big stack mc dumbfuck calls my bet from the bb. The shorty shows a2s in clubs, the big stack with aqo. So the flop falls k52 rainbow, and I can taste the second bubble. But of course, the turn is an ace, killing me and giving both of them better hands. River brought a ten and I am knocked out in 8th place.

Good fucking game.

BR: 92.79
Tokens: 0. Again.

No comments: