Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Back to token sngs

Being well rested, and having had a chance to calm down was very nice. I also think I got higher than an 86% on my econ test today, securing my A in the class. So it was time to try a turbo sng before soccer. For this sng I decided to try to be more aggressive, utilizing my skill in post flop play rather than pushing or folding the entire sng. When raising 9to from lp with 1 limper, the button and the limper called. The flop came 338, 2 clubs, so when the limper checked I bet about 2/3 and the button folded, and the limper called. The turn brought my money card, a 9, unless he limped an overpair preflop or is playing some sort of 3, I had the best hand. I pushed all of my chips and he called with 44. He did not improve and I was up and could relax for a few hands until the turbo blinds put me all in in about 4 minutes. Later with the short stack of about 600 chips on the button and me in the bb with kk, its folded to him who limps, sb folds and I raise, he re raises and I put him all he, he turns over aces, no improvement. I get called a donkey. Donkey indeed. Later I see 99 in the bb, and push into the utg+1 pot raiser who calls with ako. He doesn't improve, and I win yet another coinflip! At this point I have the big stack with only 10 left. Now it is time for me to wait and let the pawns kill themselves to give me my token. And just as I hoped after folding pretty decent hands like aqo etc, I got my token.

BR: $73.09
Tokens: 1 $24+2

No comments: